This position supervises Financial Representatives, Clinic Assistants, Drug Monitoring Technicians and On-call Clinic Assistants and Drug Monitoring Technician positions. Coordinates and ensures swift access to Arapahoe House services. Liaison between clients, Call Center, Detox, Outpatient, Billing Company, Business Office Manager, Revenue Cycle Director and CFO. Performs administrative and financial tasks prior to admit or within 24 hours of admit, informing clients of their financial responsibilities and arranging for payment of services. Verifies active insurance benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervises Financial Representatives and Administrative Staff
- Interviews, hires, and trains employees
- Plans, assigns, and directs work
- Appraises employee performance
- Rewards and disciplines employees
- Supports assigned staff in effectively reviewing, investigating, and responding to all client questions, appreciations and grievances.
- Receives referral calls during business hours and after hours
- Creates/Updates client accounts
- Checks for active insurance coverage and Medicaid eligibility
- Verifies insurance benefits
- Conducts financial triage, credit checks, and financial assistance assessments
- Explaine and ensures accurate completion of financial and clinical paperwork
- Negotiates payment arrangements
- Explains insurance benefits with clients
- Provides customer assistance including Medicaid enrollment
- Identifies new funding opportunities for current clients when original funding ends
- Coordinates scheduling of assessment appointments
- Conducts appointment checking for payer accuracy
- Guides clients through the out-of-state offender process
- Provides a brief overview of the treatment services the client will be receiving
- Schedules clients to begin treatment(Day, time and location of treatment)
- Liaison between providers at integrated sites and Arapahoe House
- Covers Clinic Assistant’s and/or Drug Monitoring Technician’s duties, as needed
- Provides drug testing services by following procedures to administer and monitor Urinalysis (UA), Breath Alcohol (BA), Antabuse and Hair Follicle testing with clients.
- Professionalism in all interactions with providers, colleagues, and external contacts
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures
- Adheres to Arapahoe House Code of Ethics as well as ethical standards of the field
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of clients.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Directly supervises employees at the assigned locations.
- Must insure that staff adheres to all agency policies including those regarding client care.
- Accurately documents supervisions .
Certificates and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training, including experience working with Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining professional and effective relationships with customers, community professionals and internal staff.
- 3 -5 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets agency requirements.
- Required to submit Motor Vehicle Report at time of hire and annually.
- Ability to read and interpret common reports and documents as well as respond to common inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to write clinical notes and summaries in prescribed style and format.
- Ability to communicate in both Spanish and English is preferred.
- Intermediate mathematical skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Familiarity with Electronic Health Records preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- This position may require travel between Arapahoe House locations and to outside agencies with varying work environments.
- Arapahoe House is a tobacco-free environment.
Arapahoe House strongly supports internal growth and promotion opportunities.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Arapahoe House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.