Solutions Architect Security
Posted Date 2/26/2013
Cost Center 722 Category Professional Services
About the Job
Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's enterprise customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai platform configurations to integrate with customer web sites, develop and execute test cases and scripts for customer solutions. You will consult with customers on their security posture, especially as it’s related to their web sites and applications. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
About the Team
Recognizing that an organization’s approach to its Internet initiatives is developed long before implementation and is an on-going exercise long after go-live, Akamai Professional Services offers consulting services that address all phases of a customer’s Internet strategy. Akamai’s Professional Services team calls upon its Internet and Security expertise to architect the optimal solution for the unique business and technical requirements of our customers. Through its proven methodologies and processes, this highly experienced team of consultants has implemented effective solutions for over 2,000 Akamai customers.
- Work as a member of a cross functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
- Integrate Akamai's Solutions including Dynamic Site Accelerator, Site Defender, Web Application Firewall, Global Traffic Manager, and more.
- Assess and analyze customer’s web applications and web traffic to help identify threats and potential vulnerabilities.
- Create and implement custom web application firewall rules.
- Assist customers with DDoS and threat mitigation.
- Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Care to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, or post implementation support.
- Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations.
- Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Review configurations with other Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
- Ability to work Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Three 12-hour shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/MIS, EE, ME or Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience with Internet technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS and web servers, or relevant course work.
- Minimum of 3+ years and a Bachelor’s degree of related professional work experience, such as technical support, web application development, security consulting, security architect; or 1+ years of related professional work experience and a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience creating and delivering advanced network and security solutions (routing/switching, IDS/IPS, Firewall/VPN, Security Event Management, Data Loss Prevention, Web Application Protection) for strategic business initiatives.
- Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CEH, etc.).
- Experience in the web application security field.
- Experience with exploits, vulnerabilities, and attack detection signatures.
- Experience with web application firewall (WAF) concepts and technologies.
- Experience with general security technologies, processes, and concepts.
- 3-5 years IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization.
- Experience with Unix and web-related programming or scripting languages: Perl, PHP, Shell Scripting, J2EE, .NET, C#, JSP, ASP, etc.
- Experience with TCP/IP network debugging with tcpdump/wireshark or similar.
- Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics.
- Working knowledge of the full software development life.
- Is relocation available for this position: No
- Is US Citizenship required: No
- Is a Security Clearance Required: No
No one carries more of the world's Web traffic than Akamai, so working with Akamai means you’re helping some of the world’s best known brands succeed in bringing any experience to any device, anywhere. Cloud computing, SaaS, eCommerce, online entertainment and dynamic personalized experiences are all fueled by Akamai technology. Join Akamai and you join a culture that’s extremely intelligent, strongly supportive and passionately committed to delivering world-class solutions. Some of the best minds in business, mathematics, and engineering work at Akamai – leading, learning and shaping the future of the Internet.
If you're excited by Akamai and would like to help change the online landscape please apply. No time to apply? Join our Talent Community.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.