Position: Linux System Administrator I-III Please go to http://secure.hostgator.com/jobs/app_linux.php to apply to start your career at HostGator today!
HostGator is seeking talented and motivated individuals looking to pursue a career in Linux system administration at one of the world's leading web hosting companies. HostGator currently has openings on all shifts in its Austin, Texas location. Relocation assistance will be happily provided to candidates who meet the requirements and are willing and able to perform the following job description.
1. Providing technical support for Level I-III issues via helpdesk and the telephone.
2. Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
3. Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
4. Assisting clients in transferring accounts to HostGator's servers.
5. Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, and Exim across thousands of servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Knowledge of cPanel/WHM control panel a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of bash and Perl shell scripting.
- Knowledge of Exim a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache.
- Flexible schedule.
- Understanding of PHP and HTML.
Pay is based on Linux experience. We offer full benefits and a 401k. We have catered lunch everyday for our employees.