Design and create graphics for promotions, store literature, and signage, including computer generated and hand drawn flyers, shelf signs, chalkboards, and the store calendar. Work together with other Team Members to assure that all objectives and goals of the department and store, as communicated by Store Leadership and the Marketing Supervisor are met or exceeded.
- Provide excellent customer service and address needs of customers in a timely and effective manner. Follow all Whole Foods Market (WFM) guidelines for meeting customer needs.
- Maintain and produce signage for all departments, adhering to Whole Foods Market brand standards.
- Maintain visual quality and consistency for all departments.
- Follow all regional signage graphic standards guidelines and procedures.
- Perform daily store walks in all departments to check quality and appearance of signs. Replace as needed.
- Create flyers and other marketing materials as needed, within regional graphic guidelines.
- Illustrate chalkboards for display in departments.
- Work closely with all Team Leaders, Specialists, Store Systems Integrator/ Data Technology Specialist, and Store Marketing Team.
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies and equipment.
- Use courteous and proper etiquette when answering the phones and pages.
- Maintain working knowledge and application of all merchandising expectations within the department.
- Attend all team and store meetings as assigned by Team or Store Leadership.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous experience as a sign maker or assistant sign maker, or equivalent.
- Strong hand lettering, illustration and graphic design skills.
- Proficient Adobe In Design, Adobe Illustrator, Excel and Filemaker Pro.
- Working knowledge of the Macintosh computer operating system.
- Good problem solving skills, and ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior spelling skills and ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a thorough and timely manner.
- Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM quality goals, and thorough product knowledge.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in recognizing and accomplishing all tasks where there is a direct job responsibility.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 2 years ago
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...