POSITION SUMMARY: The LPN/LVN functions as a health care team member. The LPN/LVN contributes to the assessment of the health status of individuals and groups, participates in the development and modification of the plans of care, implements care strategies within the LPN/LVN scope of practice, renders safe care, participates in evaluation of responses to care interventions, delegates activities within the LPN/LVN scope of practice, and performs additional functions for which the LPN/LVN has been trained within the professional scope of practice.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of practical/vocational nursing
2. Must hold a current state license and must maintain license renewal in accordance with the standards of the State Board of Nursing
3. Must have completed course in administration of IV fluids before starting IVs or hanging solutions
4. Medical/surgical experience is preferred
5. Critical Care experience is recommended, required for direct observation bed units
6. Must be able to read, write, and speak English
7. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical: Walking - up to 80% Standing - up to 80% Kneeling - up to 50%
Sitting - up to 10% Pushing - up to 25% Bending - up to 50%
Squatting - up to 50% Pulling - up to 25% Reaching - up to 50%
Lifting - up to 50 lbs Wrist/Finger Movements - up to 90%
Mental: Stress Level: Moderate to high
EXPOSURE RISK: Category I - Jobs in which required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in these jobs.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, MATERIALS, MACHINES USED: B/P cuffs, stethoscope, syringes, patient care equipment as required by the assignment, scales, lifts, beds, wheel chairs, rehabilitative DME, telephone, facsimile machine, copier, printer, computer
CERTIFICATIONS: BLS certification
Promise Healthcare - 13 months ago
Promise Healthcare, Inc. is a Florida-based hospital management company that owns and manages hospitals throughout the country. As one of...