Sells and promotes company products within a defined geographic territory by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products by current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
- Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
- Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
- Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which Guidant products can best address their specific needs.
- Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
- Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant Guidant personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
- Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
- Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Job Scope and Leveling Guidelines
A seasoned, experienced professional with wide-ranging experience and expertise in a specialized field. Applies comprehensive knowledge of a particular field to resolve complex issues in creative ways. Full knowledge of other related disciplines. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Is recognized as an expert in the work group.
Develops solutions to diverse business problems of high complexity which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has specialized knowledge of various alternatives and their impact on the business. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
Planning and Organization
Plans and organizes project assignments of substantial variety and complexity. Initiates or maintains schedule for projects and project milestones.
Discretion/Latitude; Supervision Received; Decision Making
Works without appreciable direction. Works independently on highly specialized projects with long range objectives. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Selects methods and techniques to lead a project to completion. Develops departmental policies and procedures, new techniques and standards. Work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
Business Relationships and Project Management
Interfaces with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across organizational units. May lead specialized project teams which have a broad impact on the company utilizing cross-functional resources. Provides leadership to business units.
Guides the successful completion of major programs and often functions in a project leadership role. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgement or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources.
Serves as a consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies, projects, or objectives. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse high tension situations, particularly with senior level internal and external contacts. Occasionally escalates the most serious issues to manager.
Participates in the development of others by facilitating training and providing feedback and guidance.
Education and Experience, or Equivalent
10 - 14 Years with BA; 8 - 12 Years with MBA
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please contact your local EH&S department for more information on physical requirements.
Boston Scientific Corporation - 13 months ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...