The wellness coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing Garver's campaign to promote and support the established culture of wellness. Major Responsibilities/Activities:
- Wellness program activities will include the coordination of wellness events such as flu shots, annual health screenings, health risks assessments, health and wellness education classes, fitness events and other programs, as needed.
- Communication activities will include the design of wellness program materials in conjunction with the internal marketing department, coordination with IT to maintain the wellness program intranet site and ensuring effective communication with employees and management.
- Self-funded health plan utilization review will occur regularly with management to analyze health plan metrics for the design and implementation of strategies that will achieve consistent and long-term reduction in health care costs.
Certification through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC); National Wellness Institute (NWI), American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA) or other related certifications.
- Bachelors degree in health education, health promotion or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience in the health and wellness field
- Highly skilled in making presentations and influencing others
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated personal commitment to health and wellness