Chartwell Great Lakes, a part of UPMC Community Provider Services, has an immediate opening in our Pharmacy Department for a Patient Pharmacy Associate, Full-time position, office located in Erie PA. Chartwell Great Lakes Home Healthcare Services, 1700 Peach St. Erie, Pa. 16501, Free Parking. Work hours 8:30-5:00pm or 9:00am-5:30pm. Job duties- responsible for performing select activities related to the clinical management of infusion and enteral therapy patients including patient supply management, coordinating services with nursing and operations and processing refills under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Processes packing slips for refill patient orders.
- Processes RX refills under the supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Works with the pharmacist to obtain pertinent medical information including med profiles.
- Coordinates/Schedules deliveries of patient orders with pharmacy operations.
- Trends laboratory results and forwards to Pharmacist.
- Communicates verbally with patients, caregivers, nursing staff, or other agencies to monitor patient supply inventories and determine specific patient supply needs.
- Evaluates product usage and updates/revises patient inventory usage numbers in the computer based on actual usage after consultation with nursing, outside organizations and the clinical pharmacist.
- Performs 48 hr - 5 day follow-up telephone calls to all new patients.
- Gives high priority to client satisfaction and customer needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum one year customer service experience required.
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Outlook).
- Basic knowledge and experience in homecare preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician training preferred.
- Good organizational, time-management and communication skills.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...