Global Threat Reduction Project Support
USA-DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Jan 19, 2013, 4:43:24 PM
CSC seeks a candidate to provide support to the Department of State's (DOS) Global Threat Reduction Programs. Candidate selected will assist in the review of projects receiving funding through applicable engagement activities. Responsibilities may include compiling information for technical reviews of project activities in the former Soviet Union; maintaining a database of scientists, technicians and engineers engaged in various program accounts; providing support for interagency reviews of research projects and fellowships; and compiling office-wide contributions for departmental taskers and reporting requirements. Job location is at the Department of State, Washington D.C.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with tests, exercises, analyses and assessments of the management, research, development, deployment, transportation, safety, security, storage and/or training for the stewardship and use of existing or future weapons systems such as nuclear, chemical, biological and radiological.
- Conducts routine system analysis, systems engineering, vulnerability analysis, planning, and program and budget analysis of weapons systems.
- Coordinates with high-level governmental offices and agencies to ensure that standards and procedures are current and promote national security.
- Develops briefings, reports and short notice position papers; collaborates and supports broader security project teams.
- Researches environmental factors which affect the weapons system operations or dispersion of given agents, the expected effect on population and remedial actions to be recommended to command and staff. Provides support by conducting background research on topics addressing information associated with strategic, tactical nuclear, chemical, biological and/or radiological weapons systems.
- Assists in researching and granting clearance of classified information to users to ensure that a high level of security is upheld.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two or more years of national security experience
- Experience working with various weapons systems
- Experience working with U.S. and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) nuclear weapons infrastructure, as appropriate
- Experience working with local, state, national, international or Department of Defense security or weapons system policies and procedures
- DoD Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) required
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree in policy administration, business, social sciences, mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science/systems, information systems/technology, engineering/engineering technology, management, or natural sciences and 2 years related experience required
- Strong customer service ethic, maturity and professionalism required
- Excellent typing and editorial skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A team player with a proven ability to be proactive and resourceful
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments and handle projects simultaneously
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for investigating security issues
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 2 years ago
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...