The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervision, provides a variety of village-based integrated assessments, crisis intervention, case management, treatment, and rehabilitation services consistent with their education, training and experience.
- High school or GED equivalent. Must commit to enroll in a two year Rural Human Services certification program at the next appropriate entry point. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Two (2) years experience in the field of Community Services, may be volunteer work if documented. Demonstrates mature judgment, must have the ability to communicate, retrieve and present data and information both verbally, written and electronic. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits. Must pass a background check performed by a state and or federal law enforcement agency.
- Must develop with supervisor a plan to obtain Substance Abuse Counselor certification.
- Must have computer skills, if not, then willing to learn. Must have good telephone etiquette. Good verbal and writing communication skills. Bilingual Yup’ik/English/Regional preferred.
- Knowledge of communication skills plus motivation sufficient for learning in behavioral health counseling field. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to learn counseling skills through in-service training. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060