GetWellNetwork is a high-growth software company in the healthcare industry and is based in the Washington DC-area with employees located throughout the country. We pioneered the interactive patient care industry. Our clients are changing the nature of healthcare in America by using our tools to flip the model of patient care on its head. Our software applications empower healthcare providers, patients and families with information, tools and community needed along the patient journey to improve outcomes.
Our employees are changing the lives of millions of patients and their families every day. If you consider yourself a rock star who loves working in a high-growth, dynamic environment filled with passionate employees then we want to meet with you, as we have your dream job!
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Systems Administrator to manage, maintain and improve both our corporate, as well as field systems. This position requires a balance of knowledge, ingenuity and ability to solve problems in a fast-pace environment. The Systems Administrator will be utilized to keep the data centers operations running smoothly to ensure both employees and clients may maximize their productivity. Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining our server environments by providing system guidelines, preparing user accounts, troubleshooting problems and creating new servers traditionally or virtually.
In addition, the Systems Administrator will maintain software distribution infrastructure, product life-cycle management, the endpoint protection/security suite and backups (server/users). The Systems Administrator will provide level 3 operational support; participate in defining hardware standards; engineering and securing server/desktop platforms; and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistency with company values and goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements. The Systems Administrator will have a breadth of knowledge across multiple areas of information technology and possess the skills to successfully and effectively interact with internal and external client IT personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional, technical support to employees and clients.
- Provide primary systems administration functions for internal and external Linux based servers
- Assemble/configure servers and network devices.
- Ensure that servers are properly patched and secured
- Automation of scripted solutions to address configuration issues or desired results.
- Troubleshoot application/operating system issues.
- Manage various types of medium-to-complex project initiatives, upgrades and maintenance activities.
- Continually perform research, evaluate and provide documented recommendations for new technologies and tools.
- Maintain and manage a cloud-based email solution.
- Manage software roll-outs/upgrades.
- Manage technical setup of industry trade shows and conferences.
- Work intimately with network engineering on projects and issues.
- Be available for periodic on-call rotation schedule
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familarity with various common Linux distributions (Ubuntu, RHEL, Gentoo, CentOS)
- Strong familarity with JBoss Java application server.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years related IT/Network Support/Systems Administration experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Knowledge of Active Directory based LDAP authentication
- Familiarity with MySQL administration
- Passionate, hard-worker, team player, willingness to contribute in multiple areas.
- Strong sense of pride in workmanship.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter.
- Knowledge Cloud-based computing is preferred (e.g. Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in virtualization environment (VMWare) is preferred.
- Familarity with Atlassian Confluence and Jira products helpful
- Other technologies: FreeNAS, dnsmasq, lighttpd, Samba, SSH, Cisco VPN, Mac OSX, bash shell
To learn more about GetWellNetwork, our people and culture, please visit our website at http://getwellnetwork.com.