For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Controller to manage the accounting responsibilities for certain entities with particular focus on compliance assurance, delivery and controllership oversight in the Corporate Controller’s Group. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the accounting processes and systems in compliance with US GAAP and internal controls. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the month-end financial close including responsibility for the full range of GL accounting processes and systems for specific entities.
- Ensure that the financial statements are maintained in accordance with US GAAP all journal entries are properly reviewed and posted, and all accounts are properly reconciled and reviewed.
- Works closely with other functional groups including Business Technology and Operations Finance (BTOF), Sales Finance, Revenue Accounting, Corporate Accounting, Treasury Accounting, among others.
- Specific responsibilities for balance sheet analysis including cash, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses and intercompany accounts, among others.
- Perform as a trusted advisor/ business partner to the organization.
- Participate in critical cross functional initiatives which contribute to systems and process standardizations and enhancement including optimization opportunities.
•Demonstrated ability to work with all levels including senior management team.
•Ability to work across organizations to resolve cross-functional issues.
•Familiarity with ERP systems, Oracle a plus.
•Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
•Excellent verbal/written communication, analytical, collaboration and leadership skills
•BS degree and at least 10 years of related accounting experience; CPA preferred.
•Management experience required
Cisco Systems - 18 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...