JOB SUMMARY: Through insurance sales and marketing experience, produce new business by building customer relationships and increasing total written premium through effective agency/book of business management.
RELATIONSHIP: Managed by Sales Managers/Agency Development Sales Managers
DIRECT REPORTS: None
1. Creates and maintains an on-going pro-active business plan that includes the operational model and success measures necessary to build and grow a profitable Nationwide book of business.
2. Installs sales processes and effectively drive sales results. Grow the book of business in accordance with the business plan.
3. Installs and implement effective prospecting, referral processes, and marketing programs, including community involvement and centers of influence activities.
4. Installs and manages on-going customer retention programs.
5. Installs and manages effective customer service processes that will deliver upon Nationwide's "On Your Side" commitment to customers and policyholders.
6. Establishes processes to effectively field underwrite the business being sold within the agency to ensure quality and appropriate pricing, in accordance with all Nationwide underwriting standards.
7. Manages the loss ratio of the book of business in accordance with Nationwide standards.
8. Assists in the recruiting, selection and management of sales associates, producing agents and agency staff.
9. Implements and manages the day to day administrative processes necessary to run the agency. Ensures all compliance and fiduciary standards are maintained.
10. Manages the agency development budget to ensure that acquisition costs align with the business plan.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree in insurance, business, finance, marketing or related discipline preferred.
Licensing: P&C Life, Health required. NASD Series 6 & 63 licenses are a plus. Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: Five to seven years of sales or related business experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to manage processes and people a plus. Prior entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge and success in sales, marketing, business operations and relationship management. Understand basic small business processes and administration. An understanding of social media techniques and how they can be used to expand business opportunities is highly desirable.
Skills: Proficiency in business software programs such as Microsoft Office is highly desirable.
Competencies: Assignment Management, Sales Opportunity Analysis, Expanding and Advancing Opportunities, Sales Disposition, Sustaining Customer Satisfaction.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal small office environment; will share space with 1-8 other agents. Occasional travel will be required for sales training and development. Weekend work hours are required.
May be required to operate an automobile and have a valid driver's license with a safe driving record.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...