The Machine Operator will be responsible for operating automation through the use of Human Machine Interface units (HMI). The Machine Operator will have to identify faults displayed on the computer screen and quickly address minor jams and machine stops. This individual must be able to understand and apply Smiths lockout policy and apply safe work practices around complex equipment. The Machine Operator must be able to multi task and operate in a very fast pace environment while paying close attention to detail. This includes filling hoppers, completing paper work, assisting in changeovers and other general machine functions. The Machine Operator must be able to comprehend basic machine operations and have the ability to clearly communicate machine issues to Line Technicians.
Position Description & Requirements:
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Clearing Jams (Lock-Out Tag Out Trained)
- Material Handling (Filling Hoppers, etc)
- Meeting all Production Quality Requirements
- Direct Operating Responsibilities
- Assisting in Changeovers
- Assisting Technicians with minor preventive maintenance tasks.
- Identifying and communicating chronic machine issue to Line Technicians.
- Accurately complete Quality controlled manufacturing paperwork.
- Support the team of manufacturing assemblers & Line Technicians to meet daily goals.
- Basic understanding of computers.
- Paperwork certification as required.
- Machine specific training as required.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Ability to read and comprehend machine faults through Human Machine Interface units.
- Ability to delegate tasks and work closely in a team environment.
Smiths Medical - 19 months ago
Smiths Medical's forges are primed to produce medical tools for intensive care, surgery, and post-operative care procedures. Part of...