Provide quality private or semi-private swim instruction in accordance with The Summit Aquatic policies and procedure.
1. Current Basic Life Saving CPR Certification
2. Nationally recognized aquatic swim instructor certification
3. Minimum of 17 years of age
1. Provides quality and enjoyable private swim lessons following the guidelines and swim progressions as established by The Summit.
2. Provides state of the art swim instruction and is creative. Stays up to date with all current information and new techniques.
3. Provides a safe environment for students. Reviews safety rules. Enters and exits the water in a safe manner. Keeps students in front of them.
4. Begins and ends lessons on time. Is prepared for lessons with lesson plans.
5. Teaches class using proper technique. Uses the show, tell and kinesthetic teaching methods. Gets in the water during each class and goes under water with the students. The skills taught in class reflect the goals for that level. Uses consistent terminology and child appropriate language.
6. Good class management skills. Lessons are productive and fun. Keeps the students attention throughout the entire class and focuses on the skills to be learned.
7. Keeps the pool area clean and organized. Shows genuine care for the facility and informs the aquatic supervisor/coordinator of repairs needed.
8. Performs life saving duties as trained and as necessary. Knowledgeable of the emergency action plan and participates in scheduled in-service trainings and staff meetings.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard