Director of Housekeeping
DoubleTree Cedar Rapids
350 1st Ave East
A Director of Housekeeping with Doubletree by Hilton is responsible for directing and administering all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
DoubleTree by Hilton understands that doing the little things well means everything. It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie welcome. And yet, the experience is far from cookie-cutter. The hotels are interesting, unique properties in great locations and serve as the antidote to impersonal vacations, meetings and events. Our guests stay with us because they know theyll enjoy an experience they truly value at a competitive price. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we provide the simple acts of care and thoughtfulness that make the traveler feel human again. Our hotels mark the end of travels challenges and the beginning of a restful stay.
DoubleTree by Hilton is one of Hilton Worldwides ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with DoubleTree by Hilton.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Housekeeping, you would be responsible for directing and administering all Housekeeping operations to ensure the overall cleanliness and product quality of the hotel in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness, service and product quality standards of guest rooms, public spaces, restrooms, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms in accordance with federal, local and company health, sanitation and safety standards
- Lead, direct and administer all Housekeeping operations to include, but not limited to, of systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, inventory control, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
- Participate in the coordination of rehabilitation and capital improvement projects in partnership with Property Operations and other departments
- A minimum of 2 years housekeeping managment experience is required
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
What benefits will I receive?
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwides Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
Housekeeping and Laundry
Doubletree by Hilton
If you're driving on the interstate and are looking for a hotel or a resort, Interstate Hotels & Resorts is your company. The...