Job Number: 64773
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Meridian Lakewood located in Lakewood, CO!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice . Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates 563 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 32,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 52,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Job Opening: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 64773
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Meridian Lakewood - 1805 South Balsam; Lakewood, CO, 80232
Contact: Adam Halick
The selected Maintenance Technician will performs the general operating maintenance, service, and repair of the interior and exterior of the assigned community(s), in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies.
We seek the following qualifications:
- Maintains scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Responds to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Repairs and maintains vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets.
- Ensures that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community.
- Conducts in-service fire safety training for all employees.
- Repairs walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determines the best course of action to correct the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Documents safety issues as well as physical plan deficiencies related to local, county, state and federal guidelines. Reviews material safety data sheets (MSDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals and takes necessary precautions.
- Responds appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Adam Halick at Adam.Halick@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.BrookdaleCareers.com
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of building equipment, building codes and building systems (HVAC, plumbing and electrical, lighting, flooring, and patch and paint) in health care facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and associates at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends when required.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
Keywords: electrical, electrician, heating, hvac, journeyman, lighting, lighting technician, maintenance, pipes, plumbing, refrigeration, utility, Denver, CO, Littleton, CO, Aurora, CO, Englewood, CO, Lakewood, CO, Boulder, CO, Longmont, CO, Golden, CO
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...