Oversee planning, implementation, and evaluation of all workforce development job training programs and staff at the DC Career Center. Responsible for managing an existing hospitality job training and placement program and expanding Goodwill’s menu of workforce development services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and hire DC Career Center staff and volunteers.
2. Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of all DC Career Center training programs. This includes maintaining and reporting accurate and reliable program statistics.
3. Develop and implement additional job training programs that are responsive to the local needs of employers and residents in need of services.
4. Manage partnerships and memoranda of understandings (MOUs) with area community-based and training organizations to expand referral network and to provide workforce development training and supportive services on site.
5. Manage and grow strong relationships with employers to ensure placement targets for site programs are met and programs are meeting the need of the local labor market.
6. Work with the Grants Manager to create program designs and budgets for grant proposals and reports to funders. Ensure grant requirements funding managed programs are followed.
7. Create and monitor annual site budget.
8. Ensure all organizational and departmental policies and procedures are appropriately implemented and followed at the DC Career Center. Develop program specific standard operating procedures as needed.
9. Actively participate in certification processes for the Workforce Development division, including but not limited to CARF, Fee-for-Service Contracts, and Workforce Investment Board Certifications.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure DC Career Center work space and training related facilities are safe, clean, and orderly on a daily basis.
2. Participate in development and implementation of marketing and recruitment strategies for the DC Career Center.
3. Obtain results of stakeholder and participant satisfaction surveys, analyze results, and develop action plans to improve program quality and effectiveness.
4. Other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibility. Current budgeted staff includes an Employability Skills Instructor, Career Coach, Employer Relations Specialist and Program Services Coordinator.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, business or relate field. Five or more years of direct related experience can substitute the four-year degree.
2. Must be skilled in hiring , recruiting, and retaining high performing staff. Minimum two years of experience supervising and managing staff.
3. Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability to develop, implement, and evaluate successful workforce development job training initiatives.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of local employment trends, labor market information, workforce development resources, and how to engage employers in successful workforce development initiatives.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of promising practices related to the implementation of case management, career assessment, training, coaching, development and job placement practices.
6. Demonstrated ability to influence others by networking with key individuals or groups to accomplish goals. Ability to promote the divisions’ services to others.
7. Must be able to establish and maintain a strong customer focus and communication with all stakeholders.
8. High degree of motivation and self-direction to define processes, meet goals, and balance competing priorities. Takes initiative to consider possible outcomes and implement appropriate action with being directed to do so.
9. Must be flexible and able to adapt programs and procedures in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguous and changing environments. Must be able to develop creative and innovative solutions to projects and assignments.
10. Computer Literacy required, i.e. Microsoft Office.
11. Ability to work nights and weekends, on occasion.
1. Master’s degree in education, human services, business or relate field.
Please ensure that your resume reflects a history consistent with the duties and requirements desired for this position.
Goodwill of Greater Washington - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard