The Woman's Health Case Manager facilitates screening and case management for CVD, breast and cervical cancer, and other chronic diseases, and provides lifestyle counseling interventions to women regarding primary prevention and early detection of chronic disease for the women's health services covered under SEARHC's CDC Grants including WISEWOMAN and BCCEDP.
BASELINE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current RN License.
- At least 2 years experience as a licensed RN, with lifestyle counseling services in a public health or ambulatory care setting, including at least six months experience working within a clinical setting, handling patient charts, and working within complex systems of patient care and referral.
- CPR Training with up-date every 2 years.
- Continuing education required to maintain RN licensure.
- Training in motivational encounters and coursework in health education for chronic disease prevention and management, behavioral risk factor assessment, nutrition, physical activity, or other approved and relevant public health coursework is preferred and may, if absent, be required after hire.
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium - 2 years ago