Dell SecureWorks is a market leading provider of world-class information security services with over 2,600 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, including more than ten percent of the Fortune 500, rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned in the Leader’s Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, Dell SecureWorks has also won SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2011.
This is a supervisor position with high visibility and significant responsibility supporting all Dell SecureWorks clients receiving Dell SecureWorks Managed Security Services. This individual is responsible for providing direction, leadership, and mentorship to technical and non-technical personnel within an Operations environment as they support clients with any of their service requests related to the management and monitoring of security technology such as Juniper, Checkpoint, and Cisco. In addition to supporting all aspects of operational support this individual will also be responsible for supporting all administrative tasks related to supporting internal reporting employees which include, but are not limited to, annual performance reviews, reviewing tickets and other work performed by their reporting staff, building and supporting service performance metrics, and developing a career growth path.
- Responsible for leading a team of personnel in a 7x24 Security Operations Center environment, directing workflow and addressing technical and non-technical escalations
- Coordinate and schedule shift coverage, and assign resources for special projects
- Regularly meet with direct reports for feedback, mentoring, support, and career development
- Track and manage team member productivity through metrics reporting and ticket review
- Help establish and enforce policy and procedure
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing shifts ensuring a smooth shift transition
- Act as a client liaison and take escalations when necessary
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Provide on-call support for Operations
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelors degree and/or 3-5 years of equivalent work experience in the network security field
- Possess exceptional client service skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Dedication to client service and passion for learning and information security
- Well spoken, articulate, attention to detail, with excellent writing abilities. Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear manner.
- Ability to coach and mentor all levels of skills ets within the team
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Intermediate - Advanced level understanding of enterprise security platforms, including but not limited to, Cisco, Check Point, and Juniper
- Experience working in an enterprise level support environment
- Advanced knowledge of Linux administration with command line and system knowledge
- Security fundamentals and knowledge of best practice methodology
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...