* This position is responsible for the maintenance inspections of reciprocating engines and compressors, and auxiliary plant equipment. Troubleshooting and overhaul of Solar gas turbines, centrifugal gas compressors. The position is within a maintenance group which requires frequent travel. The regular work schedule is four ten hour days per week. The position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends.
* The position requires a strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and repair various types of mechanical equipment.
* Regular and predictable attendance.
*High School Diploma or GED
*Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
* Knowledge of compressor, pump stations, gas treatment, storage facilities, process plant, gather transmission, pipeline system operations.
* Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams
Certifications, licenses, registrations
* Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability requirements
* May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
* May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
* Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
Competencies, skills and abilities:
* Applicant must be able to operate hand, pneumatic and hydraulic tools. Proficiency with micrometers and precision measuring equipment is also required
* Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
* Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals)
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Customer focus
* Available for shift work when applicable
* Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
* Ability to speak and understand English.
* Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
* Must be able to frequently:
--Enter confined spaces
--Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
* Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
* The regular work schedule is four ten hour days per week.
* The position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends.
* May work in low-lit areas
* Work requirements include; good dexterity and mobility to function in climbing, bending, kneeling, working with hands extended above the head, twisting of the upper body, standing for long periods of time, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions and lifting.
* The position requires the operation of a company vehicle
Job level commensurate with skill set and experience.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Kinder Morgan is the largest midstream and energy infrastructure company in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately...