The HR Manager is responsible for day-to-day management of all HR functions for the Waterbury Early Production Center (EPC) operations and Multi-site Support Teams, including but not limited to employee relations, recruiting and safety initiatives. This individual will partner with others on the HR Leadership, HR Operations, and Continuous Learning teams on topics ranging from job evaluation, benefits, compensation, wellness, HRIS technology issues, and training needs. This position is responsible for promoting GMCR’s culture and expectations as the HR representative. In support of the EPC, the position will partner closely with operations to apply organizational design and staffing knowledge to meet the unique needs of an innovation production facility.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : HR Generalists and Safety Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Oversees, advises and supports the EPC and Multi-Site Management Teams in the following areas: Employee Relations, Management Coaching, Recruitment, Orientation & Workforce Readiness, Continuous Learning, Leadership Development, Performance Management, Safety, Diversity Initiatives, Staffing and Organizational Design
· Provides support to EPC/Multi-Site Management, HR and Continuous Learning to develop and implement strategies with a specific focus on meeting the needs of the teams while promoting GMCR’s culture and expectations.
· Acts as an HR business partner and participates in functional area teams by attending facility and departmental meetings.
· Advises business managers and employees on GMCR policies, Principles, goals, safety guidelines, and other expectations.
· Maintains strict confidence in employment matters and partners with managers to fulfill employment related needs for functional area.
· Operates at a high level to strategically apply, monitor and enforce employment laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Responsible for providing expertise on laws that impact GMCR such as EEO, Worker’s Compensation, FSLA, OSHA, OWBPA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA and other federal, state, or local regulations.
· Facilitates the corrective action process with managers to foster continuous improvement, conducts exit interviews and manages employee terminations.
· Facilitates managers through difficult conversations with others using the workplace mediation model.
· Communicates benefit information, compensation practices, and HRIS information to Managers and employees.
· Maintains and prepares records, reports, and other required documents such as HRIS records, Workers Compensation First Report of Injury, FMLA and ADA, etc.
· Prepares and files reports as required by internal departments, external legal and/or convening agencies.
· Manages work related injuries/illness and GMCR’s Return to Work/Light Duty program for functional areas.
· Work with an Employee Assistance Program provider to meet the needs of employees in times of crisis
· Promotes diversity programs, corporate social responsibility programs, Great Places to Work, and other company initiatives that foster the continual engagement of employees
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Participates in cross-functional teams and other GMCR projects as assigned.
· Role model safety and ethics in the workplace.
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required.
· Master’s degree, preferred.
· 7-10 years HR Management experience
· HR experience in a Food Manufacturing environment preferred
· Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
· Familiarity with Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) initiatives preferred.
· Working knowledge of various federal and state employment laws.
· Ability to participate in strategic organizational development planning
· Experience with workplace mediation model and Appreciative Inquiry preferred.
· Experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft/Oracle HRIS systems preferred.
· Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues.
· Ability to read situations quickly and can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
· Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
· Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders through both written and verbal communication.
· The ability to research and analyze various different type of data information and apply regulations.
· Must be comfortable developing and conducting group presentations to employees, management, and the public.
· Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers.
· Ability to get along with others, be a focused listener, and be a team player.
· Ability to be punctual, manage time effectively, and follow GMCR policies and procedures
· Ability to organize and prioritize work.
· Understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel & PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
· Ability to carry a company provided cell phone and be available for safety and HR emergencies.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...