ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The Assistant Program Manager provides is an integral role in the success of our worksite wellness centers. Reporting to the Program Manager, the main responsibilities for this position include:
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of the fitness center, including facilities and maintenance.
- Performing fitness assessments, determining exercise prescriptions, and designing workout programs for a diverse population, including a variety of high risk clientele.
- Providing one-on-one consulting, training and motivation.
- Design & Implementation of incentive, health promotion, and other specialty programs.
- Instruction of group exercise classes, and at some facilities, managing the group exercise scheduling and staffing.
- Assisting the Program Manager with strategic planning, budgeting and reporting.
- Selecting, mentoring and supervising interns at the site.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor level degree in Exercise Science or a related field
- ACSM Health Fitness Specialist certification strongly desired
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in a fitness center environment. Prior supervisory experience (group exercise instructors, personal trainers, interns) preferred.
- Current CPR/AED & First Aid certifications
- Experience teaching group exercise, or demonstration of ability to learn how to instruct classes
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, internet)
MediFit - 19 months ago