Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Due to internal promotions, Waste Connections, the third largest waste industry company in the U.S., has an immediate position available for an Assistant Controller for our Portland, OR operation. On top of competitive pay, bonus, stock, and family benefits we offer a great working environment and opportunities for advancement. Join a nationwide company with a strong Oregon presence.
The Assistant Controller position offers abundant growth opportunities with a large company. The position has strong growth potential and is ideal for those that have the desire to become a Controller, handling the accounting for several business units within the Company. As an Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial functions of several of our operating locations. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally-minded, hands-on individual looking for an established career path with growth opportunities.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor's degree in accounting from a major university and 2-5 years of accounting experience.
EDUCATION / Requirements
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Providing variance analysis monthly of actual results vs. budget and forecast
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of detailed annual financial budgets
- Completion of monthly financial projection and analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Completion of financial proformas for contracts and capital justification
- Evaluating, assessing and strengthening internal controls
- Special projects as assigned
- Partnering and being a business leader with the District Manager
*BS/BA degree in Accounting
*2-5 years relevant experience
*willing to relocate for
*budgeting process experience a plus
*proven excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future" . EOE
Waste Connections - 20 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...