This hands on position is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, documenting, operating, maintaining, and optimizing Getty Images Information Systems infrastructure, including, but not limited to, database environments(Microsoft SQL 2008-2012, Oracle 11x, MySQL 5.0, 5.1, 5.5+)
Will be responsible for all aspects of managing the technology infrastructure, including service performance, optimization, security, availability, capacity and monitoring/reporting.
This includes being on call 24/7 except for scheduled vacation.
This position provides coordination, planning, and technical assistance to support cooperative work with other technology and business customers. This position assists with the preparation and implementation of the department’s budget and business plan, manages personnel (a team of 8 presently) and may assume the responsibilities of the Director of System Services when assigned.
The position reports directly to the Director, Systems and Information Security Services and is a peer with two other System Services Managers. Direct reports for this position are geographic diverse with technical staff in both Seattle and Calgary.
Minimal Skills Required – Fundamental skills in SQL, procedural languages, DBA performance tuning (MSSQL, Oracle or MySQL), as well as leadership experience.
If you are a Hands-On Database Manager with substantial Infrastructure experience in any major database, please read on...
What you need for this position:
What you'll be doing:
- Experience managing a distributed team of at least 8 people
- Experience architecting a multivendor database environment
- Vendor Management experience
- Experience in SQL fundamentals within a multi vendor / multi platform environment
- Experience with managing large ecommerce database environments with high 7x24 demands
- Experience with Information Security considered an asset
- DR infrastructure design and operations support experience
Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, management information systems, or a closely related field. 5 to 10 years’ experience in supporting Database environments in a large scale company. A minimum of eight (8) years of Microsoft SQL, Oracle or MySQL design, installation and/or support, as well as five (5) years supervisory experience is required.
- Report to the Director of Systems & Information Security services, providing 7x24x365 operations support and leadership
- Help develop a highly effective customer oriented service infrastructure with measurable goals
- Manage and mentor a unified database team across multiple time zones. Manage and supervise the team by defining objectives, priorities and activities; complete the evaluation process of your team to support the strategy and goals
- Focus on operational excellence within the DBA team and across the Technical Services organization
- Prepare and define the budget for his/her team; oversee, budget and prioritize day to day work in 3 key areas: Microsoft SQL Operations, Oracle Consultant operations, MySQL eCommerce operations
- Support the Design Services strategy by supporting existing and new services
- Ensure business continuity with strong operational team
- Define and provide DBA KPI’s
- Provide documentation and processes to the NOC and Global Service Desk team
- Follow and enforce Change Management guidelines and processes
- Pro-actively contribute and support global Infrastructure projects to increase efficiencies and provide business value
- Manage vendors
- Help build the department service catalog
- Contribute to the on-call support model as required
- Manage and promote process improvement. ITIL certification is a plus!
- Drive the continuous SLA development, measurement and improvement for Network and Telecom Services
- Business Continuity, High Availability and Disaster Recovery designs for Database systems worldwide.
Must possess the ability to take initiative, and exercise professional, independent judgment to plan work, formulate recommendations, and make sound decisions. Exceptional oral and written communication skills to build rapport with co-workers, contractors, management, and customers are essential. Excellent services oriented mindset, with an ability to work across time zones and remote communication models.
Applicants must be able and willing to respond to emergency calls twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, and carry a wireless communications device.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leading creator and distributor of visual content and the first place creative professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage imagery. The company’s award winning photographers and imagery help customers create inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and Web sites. Headquartered in Seattle, WA and serving customers in more than 100 countries, Getty Images believes in the power of imagery to drive positive change, educate, inform, and entertain. Visit Getty Images at http://gettyimages.com .
Please visit our website at www.gettyimagesjobs.com and review our Compelling Offer and Leadership Principles.
Getty Images, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Getty Images - 30+ days ago
Getty Images has an eye out for the big picture. The visual content provider is a major supplier of creative and editorial imagery, photogra...