We are seeking a Senior Systems Analyst for our Enfield, CT location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support. Provide support for all Active Directory, Linux servers as well as technical computer support to Eppendorf’s user population.
- User Software and Hardware Support – Provide technical solution and user satisfaction in resolving escalated helpdesk calls. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills in understanding business needs, user urgency and follow up. Deliver technically sound support and training to users in Windows, Mac OS, Email, Internet Browsers, MS Office, and Remote Access.
- Provide senior level support of assigned servers while maintaining 99.9% uptime. Assist team members in Network operating systems and specific server application trouble shooting as needed.
- Maintain & Support Microsoft Activities Directories to ensure global stability and enhance user and IT functionality.
- Liaison to Engineering team - Act as liaison to the Engineering team. Responsible for communicating IT project status to Engineering and gaining business knowledge in their processes and procedures. Technical ownership of Engineering specific platforms such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Advocate for engineering specific needs within the IT department.
- Analysis & Trends – Perform periodic analysis of applications, administration and support areas. Monitor specific measures in each area to determine a) end user satisfaction, b) identification of issues, c) problem resolution and response times. Trends and/or issues identified are reported with recommendations, and may include other research/knowledge. Contribute to the departments’ standards and procedures that support accuracy and efficiency.
- Software and Hardware Platform Administration - Provide direction and leadership on Hardware and Software issues related to Eppendorf’s backend systems. Provide appropriate documentation including: Platform, Configuration, Standards and Polices. Document any issues, and provide resolution to support the systems as well as users. Participate in all Active Directory rollouts, including travel to sites to perform tasks. Lead Projects and provide checklists and other documentation needed for successful deployment. Responsible for timely and accurate delivery of configured equipment. Follow up on budget and funding administrative tasks by documenting and approving purchases. Respond to off-hours (hours outside of the traditional 8:30am – 5:00pm workday) infrastructure downtime by taking appropriate action to correct effected systems.
Design & Administration – Provide Platform design and administration. Identify and resolve issues independently with sound technical judgment.
- Design and Administration of the Microsoft Active Directory based on complex criteria
- Administration and enhancements of running SUSE Linux systems
- Design and component level administration of MS Exchange 2010 environment
- Provide Server Virtualization administration using Xen and VMware
- Provide written documentation based on architecture design for multiple platforms and systems
- Provide written documentation based on routine maintenance and support tasks
- Design based on knowledge of Open Source software and its Total Cost of Ownership
- Basic administration of relational databases (as required)
- Day-to-Day administration of system Back Ups
- Design and planning of Disaster Recovery scenarios
- Basic Oracle ERP user creation
- SAP user creation and role maintenance
Project Management & Analysis – Identify areas for improvement and contribution to the Infrastructure Services Team. Lead projects and tasks and appropriately communicate results with the following principals:
- Time Management – able to handle multiple projects and multiple priorities
- Efficient and appropriate task Identification
- Independent problem resolution
- Independent task prioritization
- Full project documentation, big picture concepts & detailed operations
- Management of project budgets
- Success measurements
Other Tasks – Responsibilities to implement assigned projects, routine tasks and team projects should be performed at a high and consistent level. Must have working and functional knowledge of all Desktop Services and other related policies, procures and standards. Responsibilities include investigation of said items on regular basis as to keep up to date.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Seven years’ related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Knowledge and/or certification in the following areas:
Senior level, Active Directory design
Understanding of Microsoft Exchange architecture
Structured Query Language (SQL)
Advanced Nagios configuration & monitoring
Mentoring of Peers
Windows & Mac Desktop Operating Systems
Windows Network Operating System
SUSE Linux Operating System
Server Hardware Configuration
Troubleshooting and Support Skills
Fifty percent travel is required based project and support needs.
To qualify for consideration, all applicants must submit a Cover Letter stating related experience and salary requirements. All cover letters and resumes MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
You will be working in a professional environment. In return for your contributions, you will receive a competitive salary and an excellent company paid benefits package.
A sampling of our company paid benefits includes:
Eppendorf is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/V/H
- comprehensive medical
- comprehensive dental
- basic life insurance
- short and long term disability
- tuition reimbursement program
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- paid sick and personal days
- 401k plan
- plus more!
Eppendorf - 17 months ago
Eppendorf AG is a leading supplier of systems and research tools for the biotechnology industry worldwide with a wide range of products...