The Senior Food Service Worker is responsible for mainly cold food items for Patient Food Services, Moffitt Café, Moffitt Café Express, Moffitt Catering and the 920 Express. This person establishes and monitors food quality standards to ensure consistency and highest quality standards for UCSF Medical Center to include food temperature monitoring. As member of the culinary services team, the Senior Food Service Worker solves problems related to the culinary services unit before, during and after meal periods. The incumbent is expected to assist with and maintain safety and sanitation within the department. Other duties may include scaling standardized recipes from Computrition, storing/requisition food supplies, marinating food items according to recipes and production worksheets.
- Read, write and be understood in English.
- Possession of sufficient skills and abilities to perform the duties as described above, plus related food service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. High school graduation is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships, characterized by cooperation and minimal strife.
- Experience in fostering teamwork.
- Experience in training and developing culinary and other production staff.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and communication skills.
- To follow and practice all HACCP standards as directed by the department.
- Graduation from a recognized Culinary School or 4 years food production.
- ServSafe California Food Handler certification, if not valid must be certified prior to six month probation period end date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
University of California San Francisco Medical Center - 13 months ago
Careers at UCSF Medical Center
Join the team that has made us a global leader in the integration of research and new treatments —...