TITLE: MARKETING CHANNEL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
LOCATION: EDEN PRAIRIE, MN
The Marketing Channel Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing marketing strategy and activities in either the consumer electronics mass merchant or major retail and custom installation market. This position will work closely with the Director-Marketing and other stakeholders in developing, planning, executing and analyzing consumer or trade promotions through retail that support the marketing objectives and brand strategies of the company. This position will implement and drive activity through a variety of retail communication channels including: advertising, POP displays, training, web and consumer-direct communications and promotions. This position will also work closely with the marketing and sales teams in strategy development and execution.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Assume responsibility for successful channel activation of products and programs including the tracking and reporting of channel specific activity
· Design and develop marketing programs including researching new trends and communication mediums as well as understanding and tracking the competitive environment
· Participate in cross-functional retail business development team focused on consumer, sales and data trends and analysis to develop channel specific strategy for business growth
· Coordinate retail display development and implementation for mass merchants and regional dealers
· Coordinate and participate regional and retailer trade shows as well as special events for the Company.
· Coordinate, maintain and report on marketing performance metrics
· Work closely with Marketing Communications and Agency on copy and graphics for printed and electronic communications
· Update, manage, edit and proofread marketing communication documents - both printed and electronic to ensure that they follow the brand standards
· Assist in strategy development to assist Director-Marketing and stakeholders in planning and implementation:
o Oversee and monitor ongoing campaign performance, ensuring campaigns are executed properly and are measured for success.
o Assist cross-functional team in strategic post-campaign analysis and provide recommendations for future initiatives
· Work with internal departments as communication support in writing, planning and executing communication materials; specifically work with Marketing, Product Management and Agency for communication design and copy needs/changes
· Recommend and implement efficient, cost effective and flexible department procedures
· Participate in the budgeting and long-range planning process when needed to accurately update and track spending and reconcile all line items
· Maintain company quality and legal compliance by adhering to internal approval process on all printed materials; initiate corrective action to ensure materials stay up-to-date
· Assist with information gathering and execution of case studies, white papers and web-related activities, etc.
· Responsible (in conjunction with agency) for tradeshow, sales meeting, and event planning as needed by channel
· Provide research in the areas of media, point-of-purchase, etc.
· Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety Programs, initiatives, and investigations.
· Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
· Other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of and ability to develop strategic and tactical plans
· Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong presentation skills and presence
· Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system)
· Excellent project management and planning skills
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
· Be detail orientated and have excellent follow through skills
· Positive, energetic attitude, and initiative; Strong work ethic
· Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
· Able to work comfortably in hands-on, multi-task, deadline-driven environment
· Experienced in directing the activities of cross functional teams
· Must possess high degree of professionalism and ability to handle confidential information
· Must be comfortable using powered tools for product and display assembly and tradeshow set-up
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar with a min imum of five (5) years experience in sales/marketing driven environment
· Communications and/or marketing strategy development
· Working with a creative agency. Graphics skills a plus
· Consumer electronics experience
· Social Media experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
· General office environment
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
· Long-distance or air travel as needed – not to exceed 10% travel
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
Milestone AV Technologies - 19 months ago