The Ohio Coal Research Center ( OCRC ) is seeking an Analytical Chemist to manage analytical equipment and associated laboratories.
1. Responsible for the oversight of the analytical program including the generation of test methods to cover new and existing research opportunities, the service and maintenance of all analytical equipment in a safe and responsible manner, the training of all student/staff operators to ensure they are up to date on all the latest methods, the running of samples for both internal (priority) and external customers, the documentation of all equipment usage and repairs, and the generation of data reports for all customers.
2. Support center research efforts including proposal development, test method/system design, equipment specification, PID generation, system modeling, and hands on fabrication.
3. Advising and oversight of student analytical related work, as well as safety review board oversight.
4. Development of new product research and techniques, including but not limited to, private company/partner outreach.
1. Bachelor’s Degree (or expected by time of appointment) in Chemistry or closely related field.
2. Experience generating and following analytical test methods.
3. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Must be comfortable working with undergrad and grad students in an advisory role.
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience or 1 year experience directly related to the position.
2. Experience troubleshooting, servicing, and maintaining analytical equipment.
3. Superior ability for data analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
4. Experience using analytical equipment, like GC, MS, ICP , CHNS -O.
Ohio University - 13 months ago