To grow Hydronic product sales, profitability, and market share through customer relationships, value-added selling, product knowledge, and technical support.
The core of the Hydronic business is built around a value-added sales model of offering the customer a complete and professional Hydronic package. This package includes heat-loss calculations, properly designed and sized distribution systems, and technical assistance after the package is purchased. Although responsible for all hydronic sales in the territory, the focus of the business is the residential and light commercial design-build market.
o Perform Heat-Loss calculations.
o Size and layout hydronic distribution systems based on Heat Loss characteristics.
o Provide Technical Support on systems and products sold, including:
Distribution system troubleshooting
Electrical and control system troubleshooting
o Perform boiler combustion analysis for troubleshooting and start-up purposes.
o Develop long term customer relationships.
o Properly quote and price hydronic products to be competitive and profitable in each market-place.
o Follow-up and sell quoted systems in conjunction with the branch servicing the customer.
o Develop market strategy as an overall business unit, as well as in each market served in conjunction with the branch manager and salesmen in each area.
o Assist the commercial quotes department in pricing and product selection on commercial projects.
o Keep branches up to date on the newest products and trends in the Hydronic market.
o Follow through with sales and delivery of products.
o Monitor and maintain proper hydronic product inventories in conjunction with Branch Managers.
o Negotiate terms and purchase pricing with Manufacturer’s Reps and Vendor of hydronic products.
o The territory covers six branches in the state of Montana and Northern Wyoming.
o A certain market presence is expected in each market. Travel schedules are not mandated, and will vary based on need.
o It is expected that a presence is maintained in each market a minimum of 2-3 times per year, with some markets requiring significantly more.
o It can be expected to be on the road 1-2 nights during a week, 2-3 weeks per month. This will vary greatly depending on needs.
- Ability to communicate on a technical and basic level.
- Ability to express technical terms in a written and verbal manner.
- Customer Service skills
- Self-motivated to learn and grow your business
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Short and Long term organizational planning skills
- Ability to operate at a high level with minimal supervision
Organization and Time Management skills are paramount to success
- Familiarity with Hydronic heating products and systems including, but not limited to, Boilers, Pumps, Radiant Tubing, Hydronic trim, etc.
- Experience with hydronic component sizing and system layout /design theories.
- Familiarity with computer based heat-loss and drawing programs.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications.
- Field installation experience preferred, but not required.
Ferguson is a diverse wholesale distributor with operations spanning multiple business groups. The company is ranked by trade publications...