The hospitalist will provide and manage direct patient care, including providing physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Appropriately manages patient care and health status after initiating a treatment/preventive plan. Monitors and adjusts as warranted.
- Responds correctly to patient related emergencies.
- Keeps current with hospital standards of care including continuing CME requirements as required by federal and state regulations.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, medical records, billing and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Seeks consultation and advice by providing adequate information to consulting physicians and communicates requests effectively, or responds to such requests from the referral source in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Documents according to established guidelines to facilitate ongoing quality of care in a timely manner.
- Performs appropriate medical procedures within scope of practice as defined by credentialing and privileging processes.
- Delegates direct and indirect patient care activities to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in clinical quality improvement initiatives.
- Supports appropriate billing for professional service through timely documentation and maintaining adequate knowledge of billing policies and procedures.
- Participates in community relations as appropriate.
- Participates in the training, orientation, and evaluation of support staff.
- Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in community education and other professional activities to promote Mercy's hospitalist service.
- Demonstrates open, honest communication and behavior.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect for all patients, their families, guests, and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers, and medical staff.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and abides by all federal and state regulations in practice and billing.
- Demonstrates responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of practice resources.
- Follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
- Maintains appropriate aseptic technique for preparation, procedures and medications administered.
- Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
- Teaches residents, medical students, mid level and allied health professionals.
- Performs clinical practice in adherence to evidence based practice and research.
- Medical Degree from an accredited medical school is required.
- Must have successfully completed a residency program.
- Two-plus years of experience in field of practice is preferred.
- Must be board certified and currently possess a non-restricted license in this state.
- Must possess current, valid federal and state narcotics certificates.
- Current BLS certification required.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
IA-West Des Moines-Mercy West Lakes
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
Catholic Health Initiatives - 23 months ago
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...