This position exists to provide technical, administrative, and paraprofessional assistance to ensure that the human resources functions for Anoka Technical College and Anoka-Ramsey Community College are accurately and professionally complete within state and federal regulations: MnSCU policy and administrative procedure; collective bargaining agreements and plans; and ATC/ARCC policy and procedure. |
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Process personnel transactions accurately and correctly in the HRIS system.
· Serve as the College’s designated department insurance representative (DDIR) for all employees.
· Support the administrative functions of the human resources (HR) office and serve as the front desk coordinator for the Anoka Technical College HR office.
· Conduct new employee orientation.
· Monitor the eligibility of employees for retirement/severance/leave accounting.
· Maintain and monitor records and forms so that personnel data is accurate, readily available, and in compliance with bargaining unit, legal, and policy requirements.
· Assist with administration of classified and unclassified labor contracts, rules, and policies and procedures.
· Assist with the affirmative action process.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Three (3) years experience working in a comprehensive human resources environment or higher education institution.
· Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
· Demonstrated knowledge of computer software applications to create spreadsheets from a variety of sources and compile lists and spreadsheets to track projects and activities within a Windows-based environment.
· Knowledge of HRIS systems and word processing sufficient to prepare memos and letters that are grammatically correct, in proper format, and free of spelling errors.
· Demonstrated professional-level communications skills both verbal and written requiring tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy.
· Demonstrated customer service skills sufficient to perform job duties with courtesy, respect, and interest in positive problem solving.
· Math skills sufficient to perform personnel/payroll calculations.
· Demonstrated ability to work with great accuracy, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple competing priorities/projects.
· Demonstrated experience maintaining and working with confidential material.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related discipline.
· Knowledge of Minnesota Management and Budget’s policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of advanced computer applications, including SCUPPS/SEMA4 and Microsoft Office applications.
· Knowledge of MnSCU’s bargaining units and respective bargaining agreements.
· Experience working with employer provided insurance and retirement plans.
· Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
This position will be posted on the Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) website from 08/19/2013 - 08/26/2013. The requisition number for this position is 13MNSC000516 .
Submit your resume and supporting information to MMB's My State Job Search website . You may copy and paste in your existing resumes or let the software create a resume for you. You may edit your resume later should your contact information or experience change. The Resume Builder also collects your work preference information so we can match you with future openings that meet your interest. If you wish to apply with a paper copy, submit your resume AND a complete
Employment Application form to:
Minnesota Management & Budget
200 Centennial Office Building
658 Cedar Street
St. Paul, MN 55155-1603
To be considered for this vacancy, record the exact job title in the "Specific Opening" of the Employment Application. The Employment Application form that must be submitted with a paper copy
Anoka Technical College is an equal opportunity institution and employer.