Network Software Engineer (Libraries and System Software)
The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software development engineer to work in our Santa Clara design center to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric Software products for High Performance Computing (HPC).
The main job will center on software development of Intel's fabric communications libraries which includes the development and enhancement of our user-space Performance Scaled Messaging (PSM) library for accelerating HPC application performance over Intel fabrics. PSM library provides a low-level communications interface to fabric hardware with minimal overhead. The library was designed to support MPI semantics while delivering industry-leading MPI performance on the True Scale InfiniBand adapter architecture.
Some work is also expected around performance tuning and performance improvement, scalability, and support of upper layer APIs including MPI, InfiniBand Verbs, and PGAS.
This role performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph. D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or the equivalent in training and experience, and:
- 3+ years of experience with networking or systems software and libraries in a Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience in C coding
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with InfiniBand or another HPC interconnect is strongly desired
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting User Space Libraries and APIs is strongly desired
- Proficient in performance profiling, tuning, and debugging of HPC application performance
- Experience with Open Fabrics Enterprise Distribution and upper-layer protocols
- Low level understanding of networking hardware and user level access of networking hardware
- Ability to read and understand Linux user and kernel level network protocol code
- Software development tools and scripting in a linux environment, including git source control
- Excellent communication skills
USA-California, Santa Clara
Feb 2, 2013
Feb 2, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 10 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...