Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Type of Position:
Salt Lake City
• B.S. in Environmental/Geoscience or equivalent
• 2 years of focused experience in GIS Analysis, Geospatial Data Management, and Cartography
• Strong proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS Suite of Products
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure and Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented GIS Analyst for immediate employment in the Salt Lake City office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in GIS analysis, cartography, and geospatial data management. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including Flood Insurance Map Production under FEMA’s Risk MAP Program; technical GIS support to siting studies, impact analyses, and subsurface investigations; web and mobile GIS solutions and applications; and geospatial data management using ESRI ArcSDE/ArcGIS Server on a wide variety of environmental and engineering projects.
• GIS analysis for a wide variety of engineering and environmental projects
• Cartography and map production to support investigations and studies
• Proactively evaluating optimal and efficient solutions to geospatial problems on projects
• Effective communication with internal and external clients on GIS needs
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and work on many different projects simultaneously in a team environment
URS Corporation - 18 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...