Medical Imaging Assistant
This position is needed to ensure rounding is done on patients as they are waiting for procedures or to be taken back to their room, ensures promoting a positive patient experience, is required to help with coordination of services within medical imaging and other testing areas throughout the hospitial. This is the go to person for Physicians with questions, and answering of phone when there is no one available because they are performing patient care.
About Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
At Banner Thunderbird Medical Center, innovative technology and compassionate caring create a unique healing environment. Within our nonprofit, 563-bed acute-care hospital, we offer an array of vital adult and pediatric services to more than 200,000 residents each year, including cardiology, surgery services, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, NICU, neurosurgery and comprehensive women and infants services. We are recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals, are certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and feature a 35-bed Level III NICU that provides for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. In addition, the completion of our new patient care tower adds 188 beds to our facilities as we continue to serve as a major referral center for the northwest Phoenix area. From our robotic surgery and iCARE intensive care technology to our recently enhanced emergency department, we’re committed to putting the most sophisticated clinical tools in the hands of the most dedicated healthcare professionals. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position assists technologists and/or nurses in department by performing non-technical, patient and procedure-related duties in accordance with department/facility policies and procedures.
- Assists technologists and nurses in pre and post procedure room preparation by obtaining necessary supplies and assisting patients as necessary. Ensures procedure rooms are stocked appropriately. Understand sterile procedure and assists with setting up sterile trays, where applicable.
- Assists technologists and nurses with observation of patients.
- Enters patient information into the computer, scans documents into PACS. Retrieves and prepares patient information in accordance with department/hospital policies and procedures. Submits procedures for interpretation to necessary parties.
- Assists the technologist with film processing and film processing equipment quality control.
- May performs clerical and patient transport duties. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
This position requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Must be able to exercise good judgment, effectively communicate, and use discretion with patients, staff and the general public.
Prior experience as a transporter, EMT and/or nursing assistant preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 22 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.