NGP VAN is the leading provider of campaign and organizing technology to Democrats, progressives, and non-partisan organizations, offering an integrated platform that combines the best fundraising, compliance, organizing, and new media products available. NGP VAN prides itself on being a progressive and open-minded workplace; we have a fun and relaxed company culture, including blowing off steam on a softball field and enjoying periodic company retreats. We also have a strong benefits package that includes company-paid health care and dental insurance, a 401(k) plan, and casual Friday every day.
We are seeking a creative, collaborative and passionate User Interface Designer. You will be part of the User Experience (UX) Team, where our mantra is to understand our users’ problems and goals before jumping into solutions.
Come with your thinking hat on, problem-solving skills ready to go, and sleeves rolled up. We want you to push your skills to help create the best user experience for our products.
What we’ll need you to do:
- Design interfaces that help our users feel good while completing tasks efficiently: You base your designs on UX principles and practices, design theory, functional requirements, user feedback, existing interface and interaction patterns, technical considerations, and your own experience. You know what makes a form quick to fill out, and what makes a screen full of data easy to scan, understand, and digest.
- Specify and standardize an intuitive, cohesive, modern look and feel for our family of web and mobile applications: You know how to use typefaces, color, texture, layout, and icons to make a great first (and lasting) impression.
- Maintain an accessible style guide and user interface standards document: You’re the kind of person who wants to be sure your vision can be executed successfully.
- Produce and organize visual compositions and design assets including icons, custom client banners, logos, and pixel-perfect prototypes. You already know what production tools/software work best for you.
- Communicate and justify your designs: You know it takes more than talking about personal preferences to convince smart, passionate colleagues that your solutions are on point.
- Be open to others’ ideas and experiences, and realize that you won’t always get it perfect the first time around.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment where you’ll work on multiple projects at a time.
- Share the awesome things you learn with your colleagues so we can all get better, together. We’ll do the same.
- Additional UX design and strategy skills (user research, workflow design, information architecture, etc.)
- Experience with politics, labor unions, or non-profit organizations.
How to Apply
We’re going to need to know a bit about you and see some of your work. Email your resume, a portfolio with examples of your original designs, a cover letter (optional), and salary requirements. Position is open in our Washington, DC, Boston, MA, or Oakland, CA office.
NGP VAN is an equal opportunity employer. We ensure that discrimination does not occur against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification that offends our liberal sensibilities.
Indeed - 4 months ago