The Maintenance Mechanic works under the general supervision of the Director of Plant Operations and or Designee. The Maintenance Mechanic Boiler Operator makes repairs, completes assigned preventive maintenance (PM), and miscellaneous duties; assists other department crafts and performs general maintenance on equipment, utilities and grounds in order to provide safe buildings and grounds for patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
- State of Alaska 2
Class Boiler Operator License required within 90 days of hire
- Minimum six months boiler room and mechanic experience
four (4) years boiler room and mechanic experience.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent
- Alaska Drivers License
- Knowledge of State of Alaska laws; OSHA regulations; Federal/CMS Regulations and Joint Commission standards.
- Knowledge of specialty equipment and tools: basic knowledge of basic tools and general maintenance equipment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, must be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly.
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...