We have an immediate need for a Senior Programmer Analyst to join the HVHC team at our corporate headquarters in San Antonio, TX. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will analyze & evaluate technical options to meet business objectives provide recommendations (build or buy). Design, develop and test, implement & support computer programs. Create system & operating documentation as required. Provide guidance to other developers and lead development initiatives as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Evaluate requests for new programs or existing program enhancements to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current systems and provide recommendations.
• Define development standards and methodologies for best practices; lead others in the compliance of these practices.
• Aid in the evaluation and implementation of vendor selected applications.
• Aid in the support of vendor applications - communicate and assist in maintaining updated versions.
• Identify, recommend and implement new technologies and/or upgrades as they become available.
• Create technical design specifications.
• Document data specifications and data relationships. Design forms, flowcharts and diagrams as required describing program flow and communication.
• Design, develop, test, implement and support new and existing applications using the selected primary programming language and utilities.
• Create supporting user and technical documentation to describe program specifications, installation, operations, development logic, coding and corrections.
• Design program controls and system manual controls, including business logic, business rules and all other functions relating to the data and business logic tiers.
• Provide guidance & support to programmer analysts.
• Provide technical assistance and training.
• Provide necessary support to ensure applications are operational at all times, implement monitoring as needed.
• Consult with users to identify current procedures and clarify program objectives and provide technical support.
• Prepare test specifications and evaluate test models, use the test network to test program functions and evaluate test results. Debug complex programs.
The qualified candidate must possess the following experience and background:
• 6-10 years of related experience
• NetBeans, Visual Studio 2005 and beyond.
• DB2 for AIX, DB2 for Linux/Unix /Windows.
• Knowledge of iSeries RPG, COBOL and CLP a plus.
• Visual SourceSafe and Microsoft IIS.
• Experience SQL Reporting Services a plus.
• Job Scheduling via SQL Server Agent.
• Windows-based and Web-based development and tools.
• Data communications and local area networks.
• Knowledge of Distribution, Retail, Inventory Control, and Store Systems (POS) required.
• Knowledge of Financial, Medical, Insurance and Optical Systems a plus.
B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Visionworks - 24 months ago
Visionworks of America (formerly Eye Care Centers of America) is clearly focused on becoming the top eyewear chain. The company owns or...