Inspects and tests electrical, sound, and communication systems and other recognized electrical licensing specialty work for compliance with plans and specifications, electrical codes, and other pertinent ordinances and accepted safety standards; assists in more complex inspections pertaining to high-rise buildings and/or industrial use electrical systems; and performs other related duties as required.
Additional Job Information:
At time of application, you must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident alien of the United States or a non-citizen eligible under federal law for unrestricted employment.
***Salary amount may be subject to pay adjustments***
1) Only ONLINE applications will be accepted.
2) Paper applications will NOT be accepted.
There is one (1) vacancy with the Department of Planning and Permitting, Building Division. List may be used to fill future vacancies in this department.
Some notifications will be sent via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence from this office by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. To ensure proper delivery, please make sure you:
- use a valid e-mail account;
- verify your e-mail address is entered correctly on your GovernmentJobs account;
- check your spam folders; and
- add email@example.com to your contact list.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT :
Equivalent to graduation from high school. Responsible work experience which demonstrated the ability to perform the essential functions of the job may be substituted for education.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT :
Three (3) years of experience in inspecting or supervising electrical installation work.
Such experience must have demonstrated the knowledge of the general and specialty electrical codes of the City and County of Honolulu; the National Electrical Codes; building and safety codes and other pertinent ordinances pertaining to electrical and electronic installations; the standard practices, methods, processes, materials, and tools of the electrical trade and their application to electrical wiring and equipment installations on residential, commercial, and industrial premises; and the basic principles of electrical engineering applicable to electrical appliances and wiring installations.
LICENSE REQUIREMENTS :
1. Current Hawaii State journey or supervising level electrician’s license. You must submit a copy of your license within 7 days of filing this application. Mail or drop off to: Department of Human Resources, 650 South King Street, 10th Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813.
2. Valid appropriate driver’s license (Type 3), prior to appointment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE EVALUATION :
In addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, your application will be further evaluated. Your score will be based on the quality, quantity, and/or recency of your education and experience.
Education and Experience Evaluation..............100%
City and County of Honolulu, HI - 9 months ago