Positions in this function include those responsible for providing process and operational support to the functions within Business Operations Family. Positions in this function may also be responsible for quality reporting, analysis and audits, and for developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement using applicable tools.
- Collects, writes and communicates business cases/requirements between IS, Operations and other functional areas.
- Assists IS team with the business planning and implementation of IS projects.
- Helps lead project teams. Develops and maintains project plans, status reports and documentation on critical business processes.
- Conducts appropriate research and articulates business value driving a proposed project/initiative.
- Assesses current business processes and proposes opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains effective communication with assigned business partners on a given project/initiative (includes any assigned reporting needs/activity).
- Other duties as assigned- In-depth knowledge of operational processes and business rules
- Understanding of healthcare industry and regulations
- Proven ability to prioritize and work well under tight deadlines while managing multiple task
- Ability to lead a small project team, while working as a member of a larger overall team composed of members with differing backgrounds and skills.
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions.
- Work does not usually require established procedures.
- Works independently.
- Mentors others.
- Acts as a resource for others.
- Coordinates others' activities.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 + year of experience in case installation
- Basic skills in MS Excel
- Basic skills in MS Word
- Basic skills in MS PowerPoint
- Basic skills in MS Outlook
UnitedHealthcare , part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, functional specs and business requirements documentation
- Ability to design business/systems process flows
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience with Access, Visio, or Filemaker
- Some exposure to project management
- Oxford platform background
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, were removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...