The Driver Training Manager will be responsible for the education, training, and orientation of new Drivers and current employees on procedures for proper inspection, defensive driving and safe operation of vehicles for collection, transport, and disposal of solid waste.
• Educate, train and orient new Drivers on procedures for proper inspection and safe operation of vehicles for collection, transport and disposal of solid waste.
• Provides defensive driving training to new and current employees.
• May evaluate driving skills of driver candidates by conducting road tests.
• Increases the level of Driver proficiency through training and effective communication.
• May perform Driver evaluations and re-evaluations.
• Ensures training records are maintained and administers appropriate tests to determine Drivers’ proficiency in company procedures and defensive driving.
• May investigate vehicle and personal injury accidents to improve training and correct work practices. May provide retraining for drivers following preventable accidents.
• May develop or select teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
• Prepares reports on training metrics as required.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Physical and Visual Requirements:
• Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
• Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday and while conducting training.
• Physical mobility to climb into and out of truck.
• Ability to discern color sufficiently to interpret warning lights and traffic lights.
Experience and Education Required:
• High School diploma or general education degree.
• Five years commercial truck driving experience, including standard transmission (if applicable)
• Minimum two years experience in refuse truck operations.
• Valid Class A or B CDL
• Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
• Ability to communicate detailed instructions and train new drivers.
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related state and federal regulations.
• Knowledge of ANSI standards and the Smith System.
• Ability to teach defensive driving in the classroom and in the truck.
• Ability to teach the safe operation of refuse equipment.
• Working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics systems and safety devices on each type of refuse truck.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Veolia Environmental Services - 14 months ago