114803BR Job Family Manufacturing & Operations Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Entry Level Division Abbott Vascular Shift First Relocation Assistance None Overview
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Performs a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Sets up and operates automatic or semi-automatic machines. May perform other tasks including, but not limited to; placing labels on packages, and putting data sheets with product -(Northern California).
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Assembles, repairs, inspect and/or test products following written instructions. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and other work related documents, written in English.
2. Sets up and operates a variety of manufacturing machines or equipment following written instructions in the English language.
3. Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures.
4. Records information on approved documents.
5. Disposes hazardous waste material on corresponding hazardous waste areas.
6. Resolves problems and make routine recommendations.
7. Trains other employees when necessary.
8. Maintains all position certifications up to date as required to remain in compliance.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Completes daily work to meet established schedule with guidance from supervisor on prioritization of tasks. Solves problems of limited scope and complexity requiring basic interpretation of well-defined procedures and practices. Maintains confidentiality in handling sensitive information or documents. Skills/Experience Requirements Applies limited knowledge of business concepts, procedures and practices and a basic understanding of department fundamentals. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. Performs routine tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions. Assignments require limited judgment in troubleshooting proven processes.
Abbott Laboratories - 9 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....