• Studies specifications to plan on basis of starting and completion times and staffing for each phase of construction.
• Orders procurement materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
• Coordinates all on site construction without supervision including daily interaction with Region/Division departments and city inspectors while coordinating and managing efforts of staff and subcontractors through all phases of construction.
• Locates, qualifies and schedules all subcontractors, negotiating pricing, inspecting work quality and completeness and ensuring prompt and accurate submission of invoices.
• Conducts daily physical inspection of each house to determine progress and to ensure staff and subcontractors comply with Company safety and quality control standards as well as any agency standards; oversees completion of walk through items.
• Ensures staff and subcontractors follow Company and Region/Division construction, quality control and safety methods and procedures; resolves complaints and grievances within work force; resolves customer problems.
• Adjusts personnel and equipment resources as needed to resolve construction problems and to avoid delays.
• Maintains complete file on each house so can provide timely and accurate progress reports.
• Manages on-site trailer area, all under construction home sites, completed unsold home sites, vacant lots and community as a whole such that all are kept clean and marketable at all times.
• Senior position may coordinate and manage other Builders and/or Asst Builders on multi-tract projects.
• Builder position may coordinate and manage Asst Builders on multi-tract projects.
• Assistant position coordinates all job activities and staff and assumes responsibilities in absence of Builders.
• Performs other duties assigned by Construction Dept Head or Area Manager/General Superintendent.
Beazer Homes USA builds for the middle-class buyer who's ready to make the move into the white-picket-fence scene. Building homes with...