Position Title: Senior Network Engineer
Reports to: VP of Information Technology
Location: Edina, MN
FLSA code: Exempt
SunOpta’s rapid growth by acquisition strategy drives the requirement for integration into the information technology domain. The implementation of enterprise technology services such as the Oracle ERP, consolidated email, a corporate intranet, etc require a reliable, yet cost effective, technical foundation. The network forms the base of the technology foundation, thus the Senior Network Engineer position is a critical role for SunOpta Information Technology Services (ITS).
The Senior Network Engineer is challenged with the successful design and operation of the SunOpta’s data communications network. The loss of network communications at any time presents an opportunity to the Senior Network Engineer to save the enterprise lost operational capability by quickly and efficiently repairing the network. The importance of providing reliable access to email and to the Oracle business applications cannot be understated, and ITS must strive to maintain 100% “up-time” on all network connections.
- Architect for the SunOpta network – responsible to document, communicate, modify and extend the network design and technical standards as needed.
- Develops, recommends and implements operational techniques and tools which enable remote management of the network (Cisco Works, SMS, Remote Manager)
- Coordinates all network monitoring activities. Monitors network usage and recommends bandwidth increases as required.
- Evaluate new locations and recommend LAN and WAN upgrades according the SunOpta technical standards.
- Insures that all planned network changes are appropriately documented and communicated prior to implementation
- Maintains network equipment inventories and network documentation.
- Experienced with Cisco ISR2 routers, Cisco 2960 switches, Cisco ASA firewalls
- Experienced with both site-to-site VPNs and Client VPNs
- Experienced with connecting to provider MPLS
- Experienced with Avaya VOIP
- Must be able to connect to and work with external partners
- Maintains SolarWinds remote monitoring system
- Supports Microsoft platform
- Insures that all network software and equipment is maintained..
- Insures the efficient and trouble free operation of all network equipment, remote and local routers, firewalls, and VPN concentrators.
- Trouble shoots network related operational and performance issues.
- Responsible for all network related security issues
- Insures that all network equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Order data circuits – maintain relationships with vendors.
- Hires, trains, counsels, supervises and evaluates subordinates to insure an efficient and effective operation.
- Establish relationships with remote service providers and direct activities as needed
- 8+ years experience supporting LAN and WAN technologies in company with 10 or more sites. Experience connecting and managing rural sites a plus.
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Demonstrated skills in human relations. Strong oral and written communications
- Experience with change management processes, ITIL certification a plus
SunOpta Inc. - 22 months ago
SunOpta is a leading global company with a focus on natural, organic and specialty foods. We specialize in the sourcing, processing and...