The Buyer within the Steel Commodity Team is responsible for managing all commercial terms and sourcing within the approved strategies. The Buyer will identify potential sources, manage quotations, negotiate and award long term contracts. The Buyer will work jointly with Material Engineering to develop source packages, which includes identifying all parts by program and defining program source timing. The Buyer will work with the internally organization to maximize sourcing leverage to achieve strategic goals, including, but not limited to, cost savings targets, quality requirements, DSD, Sustainability, capacity and program timing. The buyer will work collaboratively within Steel Team to support the management of all aspects of the supplier relationship including contract maintenance, achievement of annual cost savings targets and development of supplier/commodity strategies. The chosen candidate will be expected to drive improvement to the Purchasing organization's processes and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Marketing, Economics, International Business, Accounting, Entrepreneurship or equivalent from an AACSB accredited program. Engineering or other technical degrees with business background also considered.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- Strong interest in the automotive industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Application Suite
- 5-15% travel depending upon the position
- Previous internship/experience with an automotive manufacturer or negotiations experience outside of the automotive industry
- Stamping or raw material experience in buying or manufacturing capacity
- 3.0 or higher GPA based on a 4.0 scale