We are looking for a motivated and passionate User Experience Designer to add to our growing UX team. Our team follows an internal agency model, carrying out research and design for our customer facing products and services. Candidates should have 7 or more years of combined experience in interaction design and visual design, and can demonstrate examples of having carried out work following a human-centered design process.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Passionate about human-centered design and ability to articulate what this means by providing examples of how prior work was human-centered.
- Identify the difference between design and art (position is for a designer).
- Demonstrate your favorite designers, products, fonts, logos, etc. and explain why.
- Comfortable creating 5-10 different potential design solutions for a given problem (position requires this).
- Willingness to work in the lowest fidelity possible to answer questions and solve problems (e.g., sketch 10 concepts with pencil and paper before moving to Photoshop).
- Carry out interaction and visual design for multiple projects, following our human-centered design process.
- Create personas, scenarios, storyboards, prototypes, concept videos and other visual representations of customer needs (based on user research) and design concepts that help us gain and communicate empathy for our customers.
- Create design patterns, form and behavior specs, and other forms of design communication.
- Take part in design critique sessions, sharing rationale for your design concepts, and offering critique for the work of others.
- Mentor junior designers, and evangelize human-centered design throughout the organization.
- Contextual, observation based user research (both facilitation and analysis).
- BFA or MFA degree in design (interaction, visual, industrial, or other related design discipline).
Special Skills Requirements
- 7+ years working as a designer
- Strong understanding of visual form (typography, iconography).
- Experience with design tools like Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver.
- Experience designing for multiple platforms, such as web applications, mobile (phones and tablets), and experience in service design would be a plus.
- Knowledge of human behavior, cognition, and capabilities, with respect to design.
farmers - 15 months ago