JBoss Application Server is a certified platform for developing and deploying enterprise Java applications, web applications and portals. This is an opportunity to work closely and collaborate with the JBoss Application Server community and developers of other JBoss projects to create some of the best software in the industry and release it under an open source license.
As a Core Developer on the JBoss Application Server team, you will develop, integrate, support and maintain different subsystems within the Application Server and the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. If you share our passion for driving open source solutions into the mainstream by making high-quality, low-cost technology more accessible and your development experience matches the requirements of this role, you'll thrive here.
Red Hat's engineering headquarters is in Westford, Massachusetts; however, work location is flexible. We have over 80 offices in more than 35 countries and very well-qualified, home-based candidates will also be considered.
Primary job responsibilities
- Implementation of Java EE standards
- Domain Management and Security Infrastructure
- Role-based access control functionality
- A deep and thorough understanding of Java EE technologies and at least 4 years of closely-related development experience
- Strong proficiency in Java is required
- Previous experience working on JBoss Application Server is required
- Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work in an independent and dynamic environment
- Prefer expert-level proficiency in Java EE application servers
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field - an engineering or computer science background preferred
- Some exposure to open source development/projects and distributed development teams is strongly preferred
Red Hat, Inc. - 2 years ago
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...