Our Oil & Gas group provides client-focused solutions in planning, implementing, and maintaining plants and facilities within the heavy industrial market. We specialize in sophisticated process engineering and simulation, materials handling, electrical and instrumentation, rotating equipment, equipment specification, controls and automation, finite element and stress analyses for piping and structural systems, HAZOPs, and risk review of plant designs. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including petroleum refineries, upgraders, oil sands, mining, pipeline, forestry, or upstream oil and gas facilities. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
We are searcing for a highly motivated Project Scheduler in the West Monroe, LA area.
Exceptional understanding of front-end project planning, project definition, project implementation through commissioning and closeout. Must possess strong planning, analytical, interpretive, organizational and problem solving skills; extensive Primavera P3/P6 and MS Project experience; superior communication skills (both oral and written); strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); sound knowledge of resource and cost loading, cash flow, and earned value systems. Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational and planning skills, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients, contractors, and staff at all levels.
Duties may include:
- Responsible for the development, analysis, update and evaluation of weekly reports.
- Ensure the accuracy of project schedules.
- Ensure work assignments are performed in accordance with P&PM or other controlling policy or best practice.
- Coordinate weekly/monthly project schedule and manpower update meetings and the distribution of reports in a timely manner.
- Attend project/management meetings.
- Monitor current scheduling processes to insure proper functionality.
- Prepare, implement and monitor scopes of work and prepare Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for control and integrity.
- Review contractor’s schedules consisting of, but not limited to, critical path, cost loading, schedule content, relationships and logic ties, constraints, milestones, and codes.
- Resource and cost load schedules, prepare cash flows
- Validate work completed by others to ensure completeness and accuracy of content.
- Forecast progress and performance in relation to cost / schedule trends.
- Assist Project Management in formulating action plans to avoid cost overruns and time delays.
- Analyze information produced by Project Controls systems to determine trends.
- Conduct analysis of projects to highlight and identify specific problem areas and risks and provide mitigating strategies.
- Retain historical information for cost and schedule impact analysis for future work.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field, preferred but not required.
- 5 years related work experience in planning/scheduling; familiarity with pipeline projects in the oil & gas industry.
- Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Project experience required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly master new software systems, especially in the areas of project management.
- Ability to work in office or construction site.
- Ability to travel, if required.
Stantec - 21 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...