Working Together to Build
NEIGHBOURHOODS OF LASTING VALUE…
Royal Building Products is a leading manufacturer and distributor of building materials. We are unique in our vertical integration from raw materials from our parent company Axiall through to manufacturing and onto distribution. Are you looking for a challenging opportunity within a dynamic and well-known company?
At Royal, you will find a positive work environment with opportunity for career advancement. What else do we offer?
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- RRSP with company matching
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Function and Objective of Job:
The function of this position is to supervise Shipper Receivers and control inventory flow, both incoming and outgoing. Provide customers with quality, timely service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain inventory levels to maximize inventory turns.
- Instruct and supervise all aspects of shipping and receiving.
- Inside sales and customer service
- Process customer orders and inquiries.
- Process all transactions according to credit procedures
- Submit purchase requisitions for branch stock to manager or head office.
- Involved in training and development of new and current employees.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized warehouse.
- Prepare all paperwork required for head office accurately and timely.
- Advise head office immediately of shipment discrepancies.
- Coordinate health and safety meeting with all branch staff.
- Answer telephones as required.
- Maintain a friendly rapport with customers at all times.
- Responsible for branch inventory control and all attempts are made to reduce dollars spent.
- Responsible for all branch warehouse employees
- Maintain strong communication skills with Branch Manager, Purchasing & Traffic Manager and Credit Manager.
- Safety rules and procedures are followed at all times.
- Communicate unsafe conditions to Branch Manager immediately.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to implement company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of stock including product descriptions and product suppliers.
- Understanding of the role of Warehouse Supervisor and its relation to meeting day to day business objectives.
- Ability to supervise and work as a team player.
- Ability to make management decisions when required.
- Comprehensive understanding of safe work practices.
Qualifications for Hire
- Physical strength is required for manual material handling.
- Experienced as a shipper receiver.
- Detailed product knowledge an asset.
- Post secondary education in inventory management or business
- Fork truck safety training.
- WHMIS training.
Axiall - 21 months ago