This is a part-time (24hr/week) paid internship to provide an individual an opportunity to gain experience in the role of an Associate Program Manager. This individual will learn and assist with responsibilites for the development, planning and overall operational execution of meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel programs, and/or special events for customers. The Intern will work on a variety of programs simultaneously and serves as the day-to-day planning contact for each respective client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Essential Job Functions
This Internship will give you experience with:
- Perform administrative and coordinator responsibilities as required by Manager.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Plan and manage complex meetings, conferences, and/or conventions that include multiple hotels/venues, audiences and agendas, and 15+ on-site travel staff.
- Plan and manage high-level incentive travel programs, which include multi-million dollar budgets, VIP audiences and complex level of details.
- Work with the Account Manager and client to develop, coordinate and implement travel program agendas and itineraries.
- Manage day-to-day internal and client version program budgets.
- Work with Account Manager to increase program profitability over original priced program received at pre-sale turnover.
- Manage and utilize an internal and client version program timeline. Meet deadlines accordingly.
- Develop and conduct client site inspections and follow up with site inspection notes, revised estimated budget, program itinerary and program timeline.
- Facilitate the creative direction and overall development timeline of program web sites, proofread, present and gain client approval.
- Schedule, prepare and facilitate weekly team meetings with respective program teams for each assigned program. Prepare meeting recaps and distribute to respective team following each team meeting.
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related participant and host communication materials, including, but not limited to save the dates, registration announcements, room gifts, pre trip and on site materials, including program signage and participant name badges.
- Negotiate and purchase ground transportation, entertainment and décor elements via preferred Destination Management Companies and/or direct vendors.
- Devise on-site program operations staff recommendations based on specific role and responsibility, scope of program and continuity with respective client. Direct budget allocation and logistics.
- Direct the Air Purchaser to negotiate and contract air services based on allocated budget, client needs and expectations.
- Prepare Turnover Notes and conduct both a Program Turnover (10 days upon receipt of file) and a Live Turnover (7 days before program registration goes live).
- Track and manage air, hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
- Prepare program related Check Request Forms for suppliers and also Invoice Request Forms for client invoicing.
- Forecast program profitability once a month.
- Facilitate and oversee program data management process, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate.
- Coordinate and execute client VIP/Host Special Needs during planning and program execution.
- Prepare Travel Director Binder to communicate on-site Travel Director Notes, logistic plans, final reports, purchase orders and all other pertinent program related planning materials.
- Assist in development and presentation of client sales pitches and proposals.
- Travel on-site as directed and serve as lead representative for suppliers and client.
- Conduct internal pre-program briefings and debriefings, including client briefing and debriefings.
- Reconcile all final billing via Lead Travel Director on site prior to final billing being sent to Accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree or travel school degree
- 0-2 years experience in the industry.
- 0-1 year experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services, 1 year desired.
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office applications.
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps you make the most of what you spend on corporate travel. For travel managers and procurement...